Friday 16 September 2011

Confused on how to plan out my future?

I'm 13 years old and I'm in grade eight. I will start grade nine next year except the conditions in the place I live are really annoying. Well let鈥檚 just say the high school that I can go to (the one that follows the same curriculum as I do right now) is about 2 hours away from the place I live in. Everyone does that but not everyone plans like me and I want the best for myself so I prefer not considering what everyone else does. The problem is, most people change schools (go to the one 2 hours away) in grade 10 because they think it's better to stay away from the crazy hassle as much as possible. I would do the same except the problem is that I always need a year to adjust to a new school, EVEN IF THEY'RE FOLLOWING THE SAME CURRICULUM AS ME! So I'm not sure if I should go and change schools in grade 9 or 10. I personally want to go in grade 9 but I'm not sure if I'm just wasting my efforts by going earlier than most people go. I want to get into a good university to be a good doctor, which means I NEED high grades. Right now my grades aren't so bad. This year I'm working a lot harder and my report card is due next week or so. But from previous experiences, I know I'll do well; last year my report card throughout the year was the same; 7 A's and 1 B. If I go in grade 10, I might mess up on my grades and I can't do that at any cost because grade 10 grades DEFINITELY matter a lot. If I go in grade 9, I don't mind messing up a little because some universities don't even look at your grade 9 grades. And I want to go in grade 9 because by grade 10 I'll be used to the hectic travelling back and forth and all, so I'll probably have more energy to stay after school and join extracurricular activities because as everyone knows, grades aren't the only thing universities look at. And one more thing, some universities don't even look at your grade 10 grades so if I actually do well in grade 10 by adjusting to the environment and all the year before, don't I increase my chances of getting accepted into a better university?
Confused on how to plan out my future?
i think you should go in grade nine so as you said you can get used to the travelling and you would increase your chances of getting accepted into a better university =)

No comments:

Post a Comment