Friday 16 September 2011

If this was your daughter (or son)?

I'm a senior in high school and for the past 3 years I've been a pretty good student. A's, B's and sometimes C's with a GPA around 3.7. Report card pickup is coming up soon and my grades have dropped to B's, C's, D's and F's. I also display behavior changes such as excessive eating, excessive sleeping, irritability, and lack of interest in some activities. What would you think is wrong with me and how would you approach me on this?
If this was your daughter (or son)?
i think that you feel like you had enough..i got the feeling that you are not achieving your initial good grades for yourself, instead its as if you r gettin them to satisfy others..meaning you r just working hard enough to please your parent or someone, not for yourself. thus, now slowly you 'unconciously' rebel against the old you. as others had written, you are now in total depression or maybe, you are doing these behaviour as a way of punishing yourself for what ever mistakes that you have done. my advice to you is try to find a centre or a balance in your life , focus on it and try to find inner calmness.

if you feel you are too messed up, you shouldnt be afraid to talk to therapist and counsellors about what you are going trhough.
If this was your daughter (or son)?
I would say you have some sort of depression, you may need to see a therapist.
I would think you were depressed, sexually active, or into drugs.
go to bed early and youll get more sleep,study ur head off
Sounds like you are depressed. It could just be typical teenage hormones affecting you, though. I think a lot of teenagers feel some type of irritability at times, but yours sounds like something might be wrong. I'd probably ask you if anything is bothering you. Usually people don't just change so much like that unless something else in their life is changing for the negative.
hey your just excited scool is almost over and u are startin to become a teenager more and more andwish u wer young agi like 12 or 13 jus chill out and concentrate on your work and nothing else
Maybe something in your life has caused you emotional stress or sadness. Obviously something changed inside of you, as you are not nearly as motivated as you were. If I was your parent, I would talk to you openly about what is bothering you. Are you depressed? Are your feelings hurt?

Do you need help with homework? Are you feeling overwhelmed at home? Those are just some of my thoughts on this matter. Good luck, I hope it gets better for you. If your parents are too busy for you, you can always read the Bible and pray about your situation. God is always there for us, any time of the day or night. His office is never closed. Take care.
Make a doctors appointment for them first.
I would say depression or a traumatic experience (sexual abuse or rape) and I would try to talk to you about whats going on with your life.
you sound like a typical teenager. seriously. i wouldn't worry. it sounds like you are smart enough to realize that you aren't performing as well as you used to, and that is good. you prob. are just tired of high school. my sister is a sr. in hs right now and she is just ready to be free you know? so she has been kind of slacking off too but dont worry. as long as you dont keep it up throughout college, you are good. if it does last though, just try to find it inside to make yourself get up, study, and just plain practice some self control. now i am not a doctor, but i have some personal experience with depression and add/adhd and if this problem persists, you could talk to your doctor/therapist about it.
Good you yourself noticed the changes instead of somebody else pointing these out to you. Have you asked yourself why your grades have dropped and what is bothering you? One way of maintaining your cool is to concentrate on your studies. The emotional upheavals one often goes through at this stage of life become bearable if one stays focused on something and studies would be as good as any. In fact better for it would stand you in good stead later on in your life.
I have a 19 yr old daughter. first thing is to go to your doctor tell him this. He will run blood test. There may be something wrong there. Or it could be you are a Senior last of school. Ask your self are you understanding your class's? You should be talking to your parents about this. My daughter went through the same thing. I stood behind her. We went to her doctor had test run. Found her problem and it is fixed. Trust in your parents or a close Aunt. Good Luck
i would think that there was a major change in your life. my children went though the same thing when their father died. i would sit down with u and talk to u about what is bothering u but the only way to make a situation better is to be completely honest. mabey your family doc can put u in touch with someone to talk to. talking to a stranger is much easier than talking to a family member. i hope things work out for u.
Well, I'm too young to be a mom of anybody-but if you were my daughter and I saw your report card I'd be surprised and concerned for the failing grades that were once A's and B's. I personally would never expect straight A's from my kids-as long as a person does their best I think it's great!

Then I'd ask calmly if you were getting enough sleep at night and if there was anything that was on your mind that was making you feel depressed. I'd also ask if you were understanding the material you were being given.

I'd expect you to say what was making your grades drop to D's and F's and see if maybe it was because you slacked off, didn't get enough rest or if you were being eat up by something.



'Hope I helped and be sure to talk things over your with your family before they freak or something.
You need to speak to your guidance counselor or your family doctor. Your symptoms sound like depression.
wow, what happened? what changed you? maybe you shouold go to the doctor and get yoursaelf checked maybe something is going on with you inside. maybe you should let your parents know whats going on and see what they say. good luck. i hope everything turns out good for you.
Depression, Drug Use.



I wouldn't flat out say, HEY I THINK YOU ARE DEPRESSED OR ON DRUGS. I would look around the kids room, don't read journals or dig through drawers, just look in the wide open, then install a program that saves IMs on your computer, then if you find something out take the kid to counseling without them knowing, be like lets go to lunch, take them to lunch, then be like i need to stop here quick and have them come in with you and it be the counseling office. they may be mad but when they grow up, they will appreciate it
well what kind of drugs ya doing would be my first question . sounds like you may have a bug up your hoo haa and a worm in your tummy and that your interest is mainly sleeping ! wooo hooo
Two thoughts...

1. Depression which I'd encourage you to seek therapy



2. Drugs which I'd encourage you to seek rehab/therapy
Something is bothering you. Either talk with a good friend or a therapist.
Teenage years are very difficult, for some more than others. It isn't unusual what you are going thru. But in your senior year it is very important to keep your grades up. Pressure is at its highest in your senior year. Have you tried talking to your Mom about your issues? Your mother loves you and has probably noticed some changes in your behavior but doesn't think they are serious at this point. It is important to talk to someone at this point, even if it is a counselor at your school. Maybe professional counseling should be considered. I wish you the best of luck. You are coming to the best part of your life soon and you want to have a healthy outlook about it. I wish you the best of luck honey!
I would say that the boy or the girl is participating in smoking Pot. It is not a passing phase, they will not grow out of it, it isn't something to take lightly.



Out the door with any ambitions, they will settle for meaningless jobs, their sole purpose in life is to find a way to live off others so what money they do make at their minimum wage job can be used to purchase their not harmfull drug, Pot.



Do not think that it is just pot and believe all the hype that smoking weed doesn't lead to any other drugs, be very concerned because your child will either drink alcohol and alocohol will slowlly replace the pot because its cheaper and easier to get, or maybe they want to know what it feels like to have energy so he tries Meth, or heroin, or crack, or better yet cocaine.



Now if you think thats not reason enough to just not worry about stepping on your childs toes because you are afraid to hurt their feelings, then I don't know what would be.



Go to your pharmacy ask for an at home drug test make your child pee and test it, if your child comes up positive seek immediate help. If your childs pee turns up negative, then you need to talk to your child and find out what has them depressed get them some counseling and stand by their side. With either one stand by them. Those are also symptoms of depression.



I have been in recovery for 15 years now and I started with just pot then went to alcohol. So I am not just blowing smoke.
This is my rule, I have three boys age 13, 12 and 9years old. I told them only once that I will do all the work at home and work to get the money need for a family and its going to be my boys duty to study and get A+ and the day their get B's then their will stay outside till I come home, That also means no food till I come home. It don't matter if I come home at 10pm or 11 pm. The one gets B's will stay outside alone. When my now 9 years was in second grade he got one B's in math and I did what I sayed. He was outside till 8pm and now he is in 4th grade with A+student. Never got B's again. The proud parents of this Honor students.
I'd say you where depressed and get you to a doctor.
Depression and anxiety don't wait to be approached. Tell your parents you need to see your doctor, then explain your problems to your doctor. You might need medication even if for short while. Don't be ashamed many kids and young adults do.
See your physician possible stress encounters making you have these systoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment