Friday 16 September 2011

Graduation Speech?

Just wanted to show you my speech...and I want you to say what you think about it...I can handle it...



Before I came to Welby Way, I was in an elementary school that didn’t enjoy. That time, I was still in 1st grade. But then, my parents told me that I was accepted to this school. At first, I never really understood why this was such a big deal, and I only pretended to care. I absolutely regretted that. Never have I known that the next few years of my life could be so special. It was the first day of Welby Way, and also the first of 2nd grade. I had a teacher named Mrs. McNutt, who was different from all the teachers from the past school, making it hard for me. This was my first time in the magnet, cause all of the assignments weren’t easy.





There were a lot of projects, homework, and something called the “Reading Log”. At first I wanted to switch schools, just because I didn’t get all of the work, the teachers, and I also didn’t have many friends. But after all, this was only the 1st day of a new grade level. This may not have happened to some of you, but it had to me. I know sometimes you could accidentally miss your homework, get WAM’s, or not read everyday. It’s okay though, but without the saying “no pain, no gain”, maybe it wouldn’t be. Days passed and I’ve known some people longer and actually had a few buddies. I was happier, and every new day I forgotten about thinking of leaving this school, which was a good thing. Then there came my first official report card. Everything was fine, except for self-control. I can be a bit talkative, and my mom and dad also got very worried. But it was way worth it since I have people to talk to!





Then weeks went by, then the weeks turned into months, making it years. 3rd and 4th grade were a blast, but they weren’t easy, I have to say. But they were fun. Many kids knew me by now, and I could never hesitate to raise my hand during class if I needed help, or if I wanted to participate. After Summer Vacation, 5th grade came. I had a teacher named “Mrs. Metson”. I’ve seen her, but wasn’t really sure about how well, or how strict she was. I’ve always thought that 5th grade was the hardest out of the other ones, but maybe I could prove that it isn’t. Part of me wanted Graduation Day to pass by quickly so I could head out for middle school, and the other really didn’t want to leave some of my friends, even some teachers! But elementary school had to end sometime right? But you know what’s best out of them all? The big 5th grade trip, and the graduation party!







Even though I have only been here since 2nd grade, I feel I have been here for a longer time. Welby Way was nearly my home. Other people have different opinions about this school, but I am here because I love it here, and I always look forward to the next day when I see my teacher and friends. Most kids like it because they could socialize with other people, make new friends, and play sports and hang out in the yard. I have to admit, I do too. Going to middle school will be hard for me...and will also be hard for some of you because you will meet new teachers you have never met before, a new principal, and more kids. It will be a new experience for all of us. Right now us 5th graders are in the older kid zone, but once we get to middle school, you’d be all the way down to the youngest kids. Some are happy to be leaving, but deep down you will miss the people you’ve known the closest like the coaches, the friends you made, and the whole staff. But it’s okay, because sometimes change is good. Now for all who have listened, I’ve learned to make what’s most of what’s happening this very moment. Now we just have to deal with it. I will miss Welby Way Elementary School a lot. I hope you do too.
Graduation Speech?
If you're only just now graduating from Elementary school, then i have to say, your writing level is wayyyyy above your current grade. Your writing is excellent for your age, and i'm sure that many of the adults will think the same thing. Nicely written, and not a single negative about it. Good luck, and congratulations.
Graduation Speech?
wake me up when its over
Personally, I LOVE IT! You made me wish I went to Welby Way!



Remember to make eye contact.
its good
I never had an elementary or middle school graduation.

But anyways, for a 5th grader, that speech was actually

very good. No wonder you're the one that's talking.

Of course you have fragments and grammar errors,

but it's all about verbalizing well.
You're only in the 5th grade? Your parents must be very proud of you.
In my opinion, its a little on the surface. A graduation Speech should make you want to cry, and understand what you went through. Maybe you should add something about your favorite teachers, and the life lessons he/she might have taught you, and how you apply them to your life now, and how you will apply them to life in middle school. Thank the people that helped you out.
:) Excellent writing skills for your age and grade! Where is this school located?
considering you are only graduating from 5th grade this is pretty good...one suggestion I would have is to talk more about the school in general to help make the other students and parents feel more included instead of just talking about your own experience
I think it's very, very good! You spoke from your heart and I could just imagine how you felt when I read it. I'm impressed!
yawn, this a speech by a 5th grader? I doubt it.
hehe... McNutt...

thats a funny name...



the speech is good ,though it does sound a bit like a life story

No comments:

Post a Comment