Friday 16 September 2011

What are some ways to protect my identity without going through lifelock?

I have heard some pretty crazy things about lifelock and will not use them but I like the idea of being notified if someone tries to open up a credit card under my name. How can I do this myself? I checked out the Transunion website and you can get credit monitoring done where they will alert you if their are any major credit changes on any of your 3 reports for $15 a month. Has anyone done this? Do they contact you if someone is trying to get a credit card with your name? Please share your experiences and make some recommendations. I filled out a rental application yesterday and had to put my social security number on it, I get freaked out about that stuff. Thanks!
What are some ways to protect my identity without going through lifelock?
as far as the rental that is standard as they will pull a credit report to see if you pay your bills. Life lock isn't the way to go since his identity has been stolen now 5 times I think. Place fraud alerts on your credit and that is about all you can do
What are some ways to protect my identity without going through lifelock?
I BANK WITH CITIBANK and i have identity monitor from citi and i love the service.



it gives you all 3 credit scores

e-mail alerts when there's new activity on your account

they have where you can analyze your credit account when you make different changes to your credit,like what will happen to your score if you open a new account or close a account,pay this much on your account,miss a payment or whatever it tells you how it may affect your score and about by how many points also.



it gives you a credit update every 30 days including scores.

you don't have to have a bank account with them either.



1st 30 days are free then only 12.95/month afterwards.

i love it,and highly recommend them to you.identitymonitor.citi.com is their website.



good luck!
Call Trans Union Fraud Dept toll free @ 1-800-680-7289 and have the account put on fraud alert. They'll notify the other 2 bureau for you at no cost. It has to be renewed every 90 days at no cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment