Friday 16 September 2011

How to plan your day?

I've had a hard year, and I've been really busy, at home everyone's always busy and i have a brother who OBSESSIVELY plays the drums, so i can never concentrate. at my house, everyone always seems to be in such a hurry, and my parents have been upset with me a lot this year, because I haven't been doing well in school. I always have friends coming over and I am now grounded because my report card just came home. I have been under tons of stress, I play three instruments, and I have a LOT of homework and studding to do, plus i do girl scouts and I have social problems my parents just don't understand. I also have my own goals i want to accomplish, that don't have to do with academics, but my grades are not only making my parents mad, they're really bumming me out. I used to get really good grades, but now I'm in middle school and it's all changed. how do i work it all out?!
How to plan your day?
Cut yourself some slack - you must feel like you're running in circles!?



1 -- Prioritize, by putting yourself first. No, it is not selfish to make sure you are healthy and unstressed enough to be there for others, after taking good care of yourself first.



2 -- Let other people keep their own drama for themselves, don't let them suck you in, just politely walk away (brothers on drums included!)



3 -- Decide what is *really-really* important to *you*. What do you want for you - anything goes. Write them down, not the computer (really).



Okay, now I know this will seem silly, even dumb, but it really works if you do it on paper (seriously)...



Make a list with the headings for %26quot;this month%26quot;, %26quot;six months from now%26quot;, %26quot;a year from now%26quot;, %26quot;five years from now%26quot; -- whatever timelines works for you.



Then, put each of your really-really important things under the timeline headings for when you want to accomplish those things.



Now you can see what you need to focus on to make it to your nearest goal, and what you have to work on to reach the farther out goals.



Then you'll be able to make a better choice about what activities to work harder at, and which ones are not so important to your own goals that you can cut back or drop them.



Whatever you do, always include some %26quot;me time%26quot;, to just be good to yourself -- hopefully where there's no drumming! %26lt;wink%26gt;



Lastly, show or tell your folks about your priority list... it might help end your grounding a little sooner.



Good luck -- you'll get there!
How to plan your day?
You're over-scheduled. Drop 1 or 2 instruments. Too many people are over worked. There's nothing wrong with you. You're very capable but not superwoman. Don't be so hard on yourself. Limit yourself to only 1 or 2 extra activities outside of school.



Good Luck.
you can plan your day by you think about it throw the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment