Friday 16 September 2011

I want your opinion on this situation.?

Ok, two months ago, I was going on computer after school everyday, and barely exercizing, so my mom told me to join Track team at my school.

I said I didn't want to, and after some arguing, she stopped talking about it.

I thought about joining later, because I DID want to get better at running, and track wasn't THAT bad, so I made a suggestion to her.

If I join Track team, when my online membership expires, 4/4/2010, about a month and a half before it expired, then she would rebuy it the day it expired, the same membership I had, for 6 months.



Ok, she agreed, like it was a pretty good deal.

I joined, and went to track practice Monday - Thursday, and on 4/1/2010, I got a progress report from my Algerbra teacher.

It said I had a 67 in Math, my parents were mad, but nothing changed. On 4/4, my membership expired, and I told my parents, %26quot;My membership expired, you have to renew it, since you said you would if I joined the track team%26quot;.

They said, %26quot;With your grades? No way%26quot;.



That kinda p!ssed me off, because I was running 2-4 miles a day, spending 2.5 hours extra in school, execersizing, spending time at school I could have been at home, playing on PC, but I kept my part of the deal.



I feel ripped off, it was only a 50 dollar membership, after they said they werent getting it, I said I would pay for it, all they had to do was get the online card, and they still refused.

I don't see how this is right, because I kept every part of my deal, and they couldn't keep their easy, money-less part of the deal, because of something that happened that had nothing to do with this.

Even if I had gotten suspended(but somehow still on team), I should get the membership.



Sorry it's kinda long, and whiny, but what do you guys think?
I want your opinion on this situation.?
Well, they should have handled the situation better. In my opinion it's never a good idea for a parent to make a promise or deal with a child and then when the child holds up their end, they don't. To me, it's teaching the child that no matter how much effort they put into a promise or deal on their end, the child will not get what the parent promised, thus helping the child to believe promises are broken. It's not a good thing to teach a child and they handled this wrong. I understand that they are worried about your grades, but honestly? They could renew your membership but restrict your computer time until your grades are raised. This way they are still showing you that your efforts to uphold your end of the promise did not go unnoticed, but you still have to maintain your grades in order to use the computer. This seems like a fair deal to me and you should mention this to them if you agree.
I want your opinion on this situation.?
wow your parents are being buck tards
Yup, long and whiny and you are wrong. You cannot FAIL in math and think because you run a little after school that somehow make it ok. I am sure when your parents made the offer it did not come with the thought that you were going to let your grades slip. Suck it up, improve your grades, keep running and show them you are responsible to do both.
Your grades going down is what is commonly called a deal breaker. Your grades are more important than track or anything else. In your immaturity, you can't see this, but, I promise you, your parents are making the right call here. You can play lawyer ball all you want, but you know in your heart that your parents only want what is best for you.
This is a tough one, because I can see both points of view here. I was once a kid. You made a bargain, %26amp; kept it %26amp; I can understand that you want what you feel is right. I'm also a parent, so I can see that they want the best for you. You need to get good grades to get ahead in life. They are probably thinking that you must have seen that your grade in math was going down before your report card came out, %26amp; they probably feel that you should have come to them %26amp; said that you can't keep up with track %26amp; keep your math grade up or that you should have put more effort in, by completely staying off the computer for a while. The track season is fairly short, %26amp; your parents are probably feeling that they didn't see you putting enough effort into your learning. My daughter is the manager of the girl's track %26amp; field team. She has some learning problems %26amp; math is really tough for her, she has to try much harder than others, but she got on the honor roll. I just can't help thinking that you kind of sloughed off a little here, %26amp; are trying to take the easy way out. That's probably what your parents are thinking too. You probably won't like hearing this. I'm sorry...it's just my opinion. Try talking to your parents nicely %26amp; tell them that you understand that they want the best for you %26amp; you'll try harder. Maybe it'll help. I hope so.
It is reasonable to say that your poor grade in math happened because you were spending too much time on the computer playing, so deal or not, it is reasonable for your parents to renege on the deal, as you reneged on your schoolwork.



I generally believe that when kids and parents have an agreement, they should keep the deal. But in this situation, they did the right thing. Sorry.
Your parents are right... if you don't have good grades.. which is your OBLIGATION, they shouldn't keep the deal... sorry.. next time get better grades.
that really is messed up. you should go to your parents and let them know you feel jipped and you guys had a deal. how about if your mom made a shitty dinner so you decided you don't have to do the dishes?
You shouldn't compare yourself or anyone you love to North Korea?

Just communicate with your parents. They are probably just doing what they think is right, and as you can see, most of us agree with there methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment