Saturday 4 June 2011

Can negative items be removed from your credit report?

I had an account with Chase and a few months ago paid off my balance and closed the account. My credit has always been in good standing. Yesterday I apply for a Dell card to get me a new computer. I am declined and I get the letter by email which informs me I have a delinquent account on my credit. I file my free credit report and find that it is Chase and the amount is one dollar. To my knowledge an account can not be closed with an outstanding balance still present. So I am shocked and curious how this is even possible and where this dollar came from because I checked after I paid the full balance off and the account informed me the balance was zero. I went ahead and scheduled to pay the dollar before I dispute it.





So if I contact Chase can they change this on my credit?|||小redit repair work械d fine to fix my credit. They disputed and removed lots of bad items from my credit report. I used this service - credit-report-score.10001mb.com|||By closing that old credit card account you delete your credit history.


You should have left it open - even if you didn%26#039;t use it.


%26quot;Length of credit history%26quot; is 15% of your fico.





You never received statments from Chase after you closed the account?


If you have a balance, by law, they have to send you a statement.


When you pay your statement balance in full, you will be charge interest from the time they mailed out the statement and the time they received the check.





You can not delete this from your credit report.


Only one time fees, such as medical can be deleted with a negotiation of pay on delete.


Call Chase if you must, but pay the collection agency.


If you pay Chase, they may not let the collection agency know that you paid off this bill.


Note: People close their accounts all the time with an outstanding balance. This is done often when you don%26#039;t agree with new terms.


/|||Even if you get a letter from Chase Bank and send it to the three major credit reporting Agencies. You could still be disapproved by Dell Financial. Banks are just not lending to people with negative information on their credit report. It%26#039;s about risk.|||Very odd that they would go to that much trouble over a dollar. Any simpleton should see that that was an oversight. I would dispute the entry with the credit bureau. With any sense, Chase will simply not respond to the inquiry from the credit bureau which means they%26#039;ll have to remove it from your report.|||Yes they can and you can dispute it on your credit report. You will be fine and your credit will bounce back!|||You can dispute it with all credit agencies on www.annualcreditreport.com, (that%26#039;s the free site where you can get your required free annual credit report). It gives the option to dispute for free. Rather than just checking the check boxes they offer in the dispute form, either fill out the online explanation, or if necessary, print the dispute form and mail it in, so you can give exact details of the situation. Once the credit agency investigates and decides in your favor, it will instantly be removed from your report, and your score will instantly go back to what it was.|||Hi,





if you are looking for the free credit score usa national site, check out this site





http://Free-Credit-Score-National.info/





Here you can get your 3-in-1 free credit report and credit score rating





Hope my answer help,

No comments:

Post a Comment