Saturday 4 June 2011

I am a greeab card holder & got remarried. how can i report to us officials to change my huisband name?

i am an us immigrant. i came in usa through a family based petition by my brother (us citizen)on 1996. moreover the petition was filed for myself + my husband + my only son %26amp; the immigrant visa was issued for all of us. however my husband had died right before we got the visa. so i had to mentioned my husband name as %26quot;Late.....%26quot; %26amp; my marital status %26quot; widow%26quot; through all the paperwork with my passport, green card %26amp; uscis. now the problem is - two months back i have got married again in bangladesh while i was in a short vacation. my present husband lives in saudi arabia %26amp; i want to file a petition to bring him over.


my question is:





1) before i apply for my husband - do i need to change my marital status %26amp; husband name through my passport, my green card, my social security card %26amp; the rest of paperworks with uscis? or i can apply for my husband without any changes?





2) if i need to change any thing before i apply for my husband then which things should be changed, where should i go to change these things, what would be the cost for doing all these, how long does this process take?





furthermore, i used to live in califiornia %26amp; after my vacation i moved to philadelphia. for this reason, do i need to make any more paperworks/ my paperwork could be effected?





your kind advise regarding the above will be higly appreciated.





look forward to hear from at your earliest.





thanks %26amp; regards,


nazneen


08/01/2008|||Why doesn%26#039;t your husband apply for himself to come over? As far as the name change, that should have happened when you signed your marriage license.





Do contact INS to see what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment