Saturday 4 June 2011

How do you change your legal name?

My parents immigrated to Canada and my name is hard to pronounce, so i use a different name. (kind of like a nickname..) which is used for all school things that arent official. Report cards and health cards etc. all have my legal name on it. I was wondering how do i change my legal name? I live in Canada Ontario.


I heard that you have to have the %26quot;nickname%26quot; proven by schools that u are usign the name??


my %26quot;nickname%26quot; is used in..


- school student cards


- my signature (i sign with my nickname - much more used to it)


- friends / family friends


- my report card says my legal name but the comments teachers make are all in my other name.





Thank you!|||go to this site and it help to do that





http://www.cbs.gov.on.ca/mcbs/english/ch鈥?/a>|||Where I live you change your legal name through the court house.|||go to Court and fill application to change your name then put add in the newspaper for a month|||You need to have special connection. The Mexico government has released a instruction booklet on how this can be done. Visit Aztlan.com for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment