Saturday 4 June 2011

How can I dispute a collections on credit report? Can an ex spouse legally change the credit card info?

I have 2 collections with Chase bank with credit cards that I had when I was married. My ex-wife called the chase and had the credit cards address change, had all correspondence sent to her, the contact phone changed to hers, and email for notifications. Was my Credit cards. Now I called and the first rep. said I am absolutely right. Then the next rep. was like trying to make himself right. He said that a spouse can change the credit card information. Anyway, there was .70 cents on the card left over, and due to late charges, non payment, the balance went to over $300. I had no idea. I didn%26#039;t get any statements or anything from the CC company. They called my dad eventually on the last day when it was going into section 99 or something bad they said, so I had to pay it. But don%26#039;t think it was right. Is this true, that a spouse can have access to your credit cards and change the information? And is on my Credit report and want to fix it. Any suggestions?|||小redit repair work械d fine to fix my credit. They disputed and removed lots of bad items from my credit report. I used this service - buildcredit.ifastnet.com|||You cannot fix it. First, any cardholder can change the address, etc. Second, even if you do not receive a bill or statement, you are still responsible for paying. Third, if you do not receive a bill or statement, you are required to call the credit card company immediately, tell them, and ask how much you owe; since you %26quot;had no idea%26quot; that anything was owed, you obviously did not do this. Fourth, even if we ignore all of these issues, once the debt goes to collections and gets put on your credit report, it is too late to fix it; it says on your credit report for seven years.|||If she was listed on the card too then yeah she can with no problem. If she wasnt being as she was your wife she probably had your SS number and everything else she needed to have someone call and pretend to be you and change the address. OR, she could have just written a letter and changed the address. IF it was your card and not hers then she shouldnt have done it and it was wrong but yeah she could do it easily and with no problem.|||Hi,





The best company for repairing of bad credits is http://EasyCreditRepairing.Info .They will show you exactly what to do.





I really hope that helps|||If you%26#039;re both on the card, either party can put in a change of address. If she was not on the card, they had no right to make the change. If that card is still open, cancel it immediately and go to a different bank. You should also run your free credit reports. For online, go to annualcreditreport.com. By mail call Trans Unions toll free @ 1-877-322-8228 for all 3 free reports.|||小redit repair work械d fine to fix my credit. They disputed and removed lots of bad items from my credit report. I used this service - buildcredit.ifastnet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment